Monday, December 10, 2007

Stream of Consciousness: Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop

Originally Posted: August 14, 2007 - Tuesday

I don't recognize these feelings
Don't really recognize myself
Been too long since I've felt this way -
unconditional joy born from another person's touch
I am smiling on the inside
Beaming really
I don't remember this
It's new
Cause I hear His voice and I can't stop the grin from growing
I see Him smile and it feels like home
Time spent together flies
Time spent apart stands still. Truth.
Excitement & reluctance, fear & exhilaration
All at the same time
Confusion about what comes next
I ask myself if He feels it, too
This time, I have met my match
Precious moments
Truly significant other
And even though it feels like heaven
I can't enjoy it
Because the sum of my experiences
Has me waiting
For the other shoe
To DROP.

No comments: