Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 will be GREAT!

Happy new year, everyone! I started writing my 2007 introspective blog and almost decided against it. 2007 was quiet, peaceful, and rather boring… and for that I am very grateful! A drama-free year is what I had been striving for. I got rid of the dead-weight in December 2006/January 2007 and have basically just been floating along in life with few stressors. And, for that, I know I am blessed. So, I appreciate the fact that I really don’t have that much to say about the tests, trials and tribulations that I had to face in ’07, because the few that I did have worked themselves out.

1. My daddy got very, very sick, but then got better and now he is as good as new! (a blog about that will come later)

2. I was depressed because I felt that I had outgrown my job, which really is just a JOB and not the CAREER that I hoped it would be. (but then I realized that I should be grateful that I even have a job that pays me enough to cover my expenses! Thank you Jesus!)

3. I felt sloppy and dejected because I have gained so much weight since high school. (Then I came to the realization that I could do something about that and, if I am so unhappy about it, why was I just complaining about it without DOING something about it?! So I got off my fat butt and started working out and eating better. And I feel better!)

4. I went through a second bout of depression because I haven’t yet found my romantic “partner-in-crime”. (but then I thought of how bad my heart had been broken around this time last year and recognized that I still need some time to heal so that I won’t be bringing all of that baggage with me and creating yet another dysfunctional relationship.)

So, all in all, I am I joyous because I recognize that I control the way that I feel about myself and my life. If I keep telling myself negative things about myself and my circumstances, then negative things will come to pass because I am bringing negative energy into my life. But, if I tell myself positive things, if I really appreciate and focus on the good things going on in my life, I am welcoming positive energy into my world. I have a great relationship with God, a wonderful and loving family, true friends and I really want for very little (if anything at all).

Now, I want to be careful that I don’t get, too comfy because comfy leads to complacency. And that is not a good thing.

Anyway, I am truly looking forward to all the blessings that 2008 will bring. I am focused on making myself a better person in the New Year. I didn’t accomplish everything that I wanted to last year, but I came close. Some things are still a work in progress, but they are – at least – in progress, and I am satisfied with that.

I am blessed. I am content.

I am thankful.


Happy New Year! Let’s do it really big in ’08…

No comments: